Panthea-Diary

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Poem ...



Today I had "French Versification" exam; well … it was not as hard as I imagined, but still after four years of university experience, I still have problem in recognizing the important parts in each course (actually I could never understand what passes through the professors' mind! They never take a rational exam! Among thousands of glittering, significant, remarkable subjects, what would you see in the exam paper?! …. The commonplace questions from the parts you have dropped! … Oops! )

Anyway! On the occasion of today's POST, I've chose a poem from Omar Khayyam (Persian poet who lived between 1044 and 1123 CE. He was considered as "The King of Wisdom" … He was famous for his rubai (quatrain) poems, also known as a mathematician, historian, and astronomer)

"Like God, if this world I could control
eliminating the world would be my role
I would create the world anew, whole
Such that the free soul would attain desired goal.
"